Friday, May 25, 2012

Twirl Away Little Girls!

Before putting on a dress my 4-year-old asks does it twirl? Ohhh... how my daughters love twirly skirts and tutus. I found this awesome simple pattern online. The best twirling skirt yet!  Laurel and Iris agree! Once you get it down you can make a skirt in under an hour. Fabric and elastic ballpark around $7-8, if you shop wisely. Lots of fun and easy for beginners! A yard of fabric and elastic!

http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-circle-skirt.html

Made more skirts- This time with fabric the girls picked out themselves.  Notice the "rainbow hearts" on Laurel's skirt!







2 comments:

  1. Your skirt is adorable and I love the print! I found your link on "Made"tutorial and had to come see. I was thinking of making one for my niece's birthday. I like the idea of less than an hour ~ quick and cute!
    I like your blog, you have a way with words.
    Take care,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy for the kind words! These skirts are actually a lot of fun to make and my daughters LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete